A Small Dream

Mystery Quilts Anonymous


I am so happy!! We had a small dream become a reality this past weekend. I have wanted a herb garden for ages. We worked this past weekend with a young builder friend and made my dream come true! I love cooking with fresh herbs, but I tried to raise them in the veggie garden (also a flop) but the chickens ate EVERYTHING! Now, we are putting it off the other side of the house where the chickens can't get to them!! Now to keep the bunnies and birds out!! This is our before pic...




Within a few hours, we made heaps of progress, I want the herbs to be reachable from the decks and we are working toward that! I want them on both sides of the steps and bottom deck...  We decided the one side is good for now and I don't want to feel cramped in on the steps. I love the finished product. I will move my rhubarb and get the herbs in this week!!! 
 



Our two day project, DONE in one day! I love it when that happens! Oh! And I need to get more dirt! Can't wait for those fresh herbs and my rhubarb...maybe even some strawberries, things that don't take much space to grow.



Now back to designing, cutting and sewing! I will be leaving soon and WANT to get a bit more done as I won't be sewing for a week!

Hope your dreams become realities this week!
Deb

Comments

  1. Looks great. Jealous. I have a brown thumb and cannot grow anything. Have fun. You deserve to have your dreams come true.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We ALL deserve to have our dreams come true...usually I do have a brown thumb, but I do herbs pretty good!

      Delete
  2. Wow, looks fantastic. I love gardening. My favourite is cherry tomatoes. Yum. I also have a small herb garden and love that too. Each morning I would go out and snip off some fresh chives and add to my omelet 😁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's why I wanted my herb garden... I love to try new recipes and this is going to make it way more fun!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

More Ideas

Thoughts???

New Beginnings, Fun Times...