More Ideas

Mystery Quilts Anonymous
With all the feedback from yesterday's blog, I just wanted to give you a bit more info to ponder and think on. Firstly, I need to be honest, since our beginning I have given this group and it's members 1,000 percent of myself and my designs. I make NO money off the patterns and time spent.

I want to keep the patterns free. I love that so many can make them and love them. I feel we have so much talent out there and I love tapping into that talent and providing patterns you love. I have been trying to think of other ways to make a little money for my "work". SO, I am thinking I will start a "real" blog and use the advertising as a source of income so the patterns and our facebook page remain free.

If you have thoughts concerning any or all of this, PLEASE make contact. I have already had one quilt shop owner contact to offer a discount to our members...this is a giant step in the direction I would like to go. We are in "negotiations" now and will give you the details once our "team" is ready with the best possible outcome. She also provides professional quilting and is considering opening that up to our group at a slight discount as well.

I am just thinking out loud and covet your thoughts!

Can't wait to hear from you!
Deb

Comments

  1. I think that is a great idea, some way for you to get some payment for all you do would be awesome !!! I so appreciate what you do and am really enjoying sewing along with everyone.
    Lorrie, from Qualicum Beach BC Canada

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am trying to keep our quilters not having to pay for my patterns, but make money in the process. It is a hard balance!

      Delete
  2. I have noticed that some QAL's offer their patterns free for a limited amount of time. Then the patterns become available for purchase.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is this a way you would purchase a pattern? I love it that I can keep them free, but also would love to make money for my time. I love to commit all this time to "us", just want to help out with home and sewing finances.

      Delete
  3. Please read the comments from Phoebe Moon Designs -- she actually took a free class regarding blogs -- it was really helpful! Please do so.

    ReplyDelete

  4. Are you a blogger?
    I’ve been a writer for years. I write patterns, I write newsletters, I teach classes. But for some reason, this blog has never done as well as it could.

    Last year, I took a class called Sticky Blogging from Kelly Holmes on how to bring more value to your readers. I really think it helped! You are here, aren’t you? This is from Phoebemoon designs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea! I still think you should write a book of your patterns, perhaps 2. I for one would definitely buy them. So grateful for generosity and hope your blog does really well. Don't give up hope on the fabric idea either.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have such good ideas and are so creative. I do think you should get some compensation for all your work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have such good ideas and are so creative. I do think you should get some compensation for all your work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi! I'm new here. Starting a "real" blog for money can work...but it's an uphill battle as well, though you have a good following to start. What about offering a paypal option of a suggested donation to your page for those who enjoy your work. You can still allow the patterns for free...but maybe ask that someone who downloads more patterns offer you a few bucks every so often to help offset the costs and your time for putting work into this. In the end, I think you have to go with what works for you. I hope it goes well for you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds great. I follow several bloggers and I don't mind the ads.
    Do what's best for you, Debi!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Thoughts???

New Beginnings, Fun Times...