House Cleaning

Mystery Quilts Anonymous
 
Just a quick reminder to clean your machine!! Just cleaned mine and put a new needle in. I can't remember when I put a new needle in last, so it is definitely time. I try to replace the needle every couple of quilts. I clean my machine after every project. That lint can really destroy our machines.


I use a sewing machine cleaning brush for the bulk of the cleaning. I truly wish I had a vacuum hose small enough to get in there because the brush really doesn't do a perfect job. I keep it clean, so that helps. Whatever you use, make sure to do a pretty thorough job for less trips to the serviceman!
 



And don't forget under the needle plate, there is usually a build-up of lint under there as well. I also turn over my bobbin case as there is ALWAYS lint on the bottom of it!! Then I give it a drink of a couple drops of oil and we're back at it. I know my machine says not to oil it, but I still do, old habits die hard. I have only had to replace one spring in 8 years! The entire process takes less than 15 minutes!



Now that you've been reminded to clean your machine, I always wind several bobbins before each project as well. This way, I can just keep sewing. If I am working on more than one project at a time, I pull the bobbin and put it in the storage case with the project. This way, I don't have to worry about which colour I used and if I have a bobbin ready! I just love having all my ducks in a row!!

Enough work for now! Go play!!!
Deb





 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

More Ideas

Thoughts???

New Beginnings, Fun Times...