Colour Combination Confusion...


Mystery Quilts Anonymous


Image result for confusion clipart 
I am so excited for one of our mysteries coming up. I have designed something different and I can't wait to get started. BUT, I (of all people) am having a hard time with colour choices. I know it is a three fabric quilt and one colour is light, or contrasting to the other two. I know the other two need to have HEAPS of contrast as the design and pattern depend on that contrast. I design most everything in black, white, and red....just so I can see the contrast. But I don't want all the quilts in my house (and those who receive them) to be black, white, and red!!


I could use your help! I am completely bamboozled. I know that there needs to be heaps of contrast, like black and white.... like opposites on the colour wheel, but I don't want my quilt to look like a Christmas tree either. Red/grey with white, Blue/yellow with ???  WOW!! Please comment with your ideas or favourite colour combinations. I'm open to try ANYTHING!!

Usually, I am designing with a particular fabric in mind, this one just kinda happened by accident. I was trying to design something else and kept changing things, then POOF! out came this design. I am so excited to start, but stumped!
 
So here's what we know... three colour quilt, two need to be very contrasting, the third fabric needs to play with BOTH of the others like they were the only two colours in the world. The third colour can be ANYTHING...could even be the "focus" and the other two fabric colours pulled from there....

After I wrote the blog, before I published it, I decided to have one last go at choosing something. Here's what I came up with...my concern is the teal and the print are too close... Oh my!



HELP!!!!!
Deb

Comments

  1. I don't know why all of your quilts can't be black, white and red. After all, almost all of mine are purple!!!
    I do 💖💕💟 the three colors you showed in your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found another set, I will show you when I have some more bandwidth here!! Trying to upload another video... This set is teal, purple, yellow, and a teal/purple paisley!!

      Delete
  2. I think the teal is good link. we could then choose two colours that contrast and the third be done pattern or contain one of the two colours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the teal and teal w/red print go great with the solid red fabric

    ReplyDelete
  4. What about green from the print fabric??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried, I may have to lose the red as it may look too Christmassy??? I do like the green with it!

      Delete
  5. How does teal, brown, and cream sound, just sitting here thinking myself

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This sounds amazing. I am going to see if I can pull these from my stash...WATCH THIS SPACE!!

      Delete
  6. Sometimes I think of a season and the colors it brings to mind. For spring, maybe pink, yellow and aqua/turquoise; summer - rose, green and sky blue, and so on.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm hoping that next I will have the courage to be more adventurous in my choices.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My color choices would be teal, dark rusty red/orange and a print with both of those colors in it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

More Ideas

Thoughts???

New Beginnings, Fun Times...