Junk!

 
Mystery Quilts Anonymous

I wanted to share something that I have been thinking about and working on for months. I have been working with a friend of mine to create my everything journal. I have tried and thrown away most everything on the market. I have tried to use a "calendar" type and just get frustrated that I am falling WAY behind. SO...
 
I have created a quilting journal (junk journal) that helps me keep up with my projects for you and is my right arm when at the fabric store and away from home without my fabric to play with. I quilted the (pretty stiff) cover and made it so I can just replace the inserts when full. I have coloured pencils, a ruler, grid paper, plain paper, and a pen...I even have a plastic tea spoon for when I am away from home and want a cuppa tea!  I made a place for sticky notes in the back, so they are always available when I need one! I love my journal.


I design borders, blocks, and play with colours in it. I also staple swatches of fabric in it when I need to get reinforcements at the fabric store. I made it the perfect size to fit in my handbag so I can have it everywhere I go. I have paper clips other "bookmark" type things to keep the projects separated.  I have filled one, learned what I loved and didn't love about it and made a second one with refills! I don't know how I ever stayed organised without it!!! The only future change is the quilted fabric cover to a darker colour...this one is getting pretty dirty!

This is my set up most of the time. I have my computer, a cuppa tea (or caramel latte), my quilting junk journal, and pencils all to the right of my sewing machine on a cutting mat for ease of squaring up those units!  I can't wait to share the projects in my journals with you!! Can you tell I am so excited with it?? Thinking about making available for you as well....thoughts?? Yours would be a blank canvas for you to be as organised as me!!

Staying organised for you!!
Deb


Comments

  1. I love them! I’m starting my third one, the others are sitting on a shelf for future reference! Sleeves for pics of finished projects and everything! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been interested in these journals for awhile now, looking on you tube for ideas. Now I know what was missing. It needs to be more like your one. One place for every thing including thoughts that spring in ones mind. Im now going to make a junk journal. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll help in anyway I can!! You're going to LOVE it!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

More Ideas

Thoughts???

New Beginnings, Fun Times...